PayPal has become one of the most prominent global e-commerce tools for payments and money transfers on Internet. It has grown as a better alternative to checks and money orders. A PayPal account is funded with an electronic debit from a bank account or credit card. Now, PayPal requires a verified bank account if an account holder exceeded predetermined spending limit. It acts as an acquirer to perform payment process for online vendors, auction sites and other commercial users. It charges a fee depending on the currency used, the payment option used, the country of the sender, the country of the recipient, the amount sent and the recipient’s account type.
It provides different services including instant payments, recurring bills, shopping cart, e-mail payment requests, buy now payment and payment with debit or credit card. Sometimes PayPal accounts get locked and account holders start panicking how to reactivate the account. There may be many reasons behind a PayPal account being locked. We will discuss below the reasons of account being locked and solution or method to get it activated on one by one basis.
- Your account could be locked due to negative balance. As PayPal account is locked it is not possible to pay through your attached bank account, you can pay to your account through another PayPal account. Call the customer care to know the steps to activate your account. As you have cleared your payment, chances are your account will be locked in a little time.
- If you are having more balance in account than limit, chances are PayPal may suspect you of illegal activities and lock your account. Payments for gambling, gaming activities, including casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, certain games of skill, and other ventures that facilitate gambling are termed as illegal. If the income is from these sources, then it is not possible to reactivate the account. If such is not the case, you can call customer care and get your account reactivated by providing necessary details and documents.
- If you or someone else log on to your account and put the wrong information in, it will be locked. You need to set-up new security questions, set a new password and then verify your address by having PayPal to call your home phone.
- If your account is hacked or logged in at another IP address. It may be locked. You need to call them and get your address verified to reactivate your account. They may ask to get a new account with your same IP address and lock your existing account permanently for safety purpose.
- If you receive payment from or pay to account registered in countries not listed in PayPal, your account may be locked. You need to call customer care or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to know how to get your account activated.
- If you are selling or buying through PayPal account and your clients give negative feedback about you, your account may be locked. You need to resolve these disputes and then contact PayPal to reactivate your account.