Remote desktop services are important in today’s business world – for a lot of reasons. Not every business is going to need the ability to remotely control a desktop computer, but for those who do there’s never been a better time to do it. Technology has come a long way over the last ten years – especially if you consider the room sized computers of just a few decades ago.
Tips to Choose a Remote Desktop Service
Here’s a collection of advice and tips you can use to choose the best possible remote desktop service available these days.
- Know What You Need – The very first thing you’re going to want to do is sit down and make a list of what you absolutely need from a remote desktop service. This sounds simple, but writing it down is essential.
- Know What You Want – In addition to what you absolutely need when it comes to features and security, also make a list of what you really want from the remote desktop service you sign up with eventually.
- Do Your Research – After you’ve written out your list of needs and wants, it’s time to start looking at your options – i.e. the companies who offer remote desktop services. At this stage you’ll want to read reviews and dig up as much information as possible.
- Make a Short List – As you browse and do your homework, make a list of several possibilities that fit your list of needs and wants. Try to narrow it down to a half dozen options – or less. This list of possibilities will be used in the next step.
- Ask Tough Questions – Once you have your shortlist, the next step is to make some phone calls and ask the companies tough questions. Even if you already know the answer to the questions you ask, this will tell you a lot about the companies you’re considering. Remember that customer service is very important.
- Make the Decision – After doing all of the above, you should have it narrowed down to a couple – or even just one – company that meets all your requirements and is easy to work with over the phone. At this point you can start considering things like price to choose one over another if they’re really close.
There are other things you need to do, of course, but following most or all of the tips above will give you a good head start in the right direction. Choosing a remote desktop service can really make or break your company in many ways. If you agree or disagree, leave a comment below and let us know what you think.