Playing in a live casino is very different from playing in online poker sites from the comfort of your home. There are many important things that you should know and understand before you finally sit & play. First thing that you need to do is to sign in at the desk and inform the host which game you’re interested in. If the table has vacant seats then you’ll be seated immediately. On the contrary, if the seats are full then the host will write your name on the waiting list and will call you when a seat gets vacant. When you are called, the host will take you to your table. In many casinos, the host can also ask you how much you would like to buy-in for & he might get you your chips when you are seated at your table. Following are some of the basic points that you should keep in mind while playing in a casino:
- You must wait until the player to your right acts. If you bet out of turn this could give an unfair advantage to a player that did not act yet.
- You have to know what the bet is when it is your turn. So, you must pay attention to amount of the bet made by the first active player. Then you must also be aware if the bet was raised.
- Even if you do not like the next card dealt to you, check & do not fold. If everyone checks as well then you can get to see the next card for free so don’t fold abruptly.
- Always place your bet in front of you on the table. If you do so, the dealer counts it as a correct bet and puts your bet in the pot. Never throw the chips in the pot yourself as it will be an incorrect bet.
- Always keep your emotions under control. Neither use bad & abusive language, nor make comments on your opponents. This is not considered good and is also prohibited in many casinos.
- Never try to play every hand just because you want to be a part of all the action going on the table. Instead, it is advisable to play only when you have a proper starting hand.
For winning in poker, you need to have full concentration so whenever you’ve played for a long stretch and start getting fatigued, just leave seat and come back a little later. This will give you a bit of relaxation and when you come back, you can play with a lot more focus.